Main Menu

de Havilland Canada


Formed in 1928 at Downsview, Toronto, as a constructional and service facility. Built 1,553 Tiger Moths (1938- 1945), erected about 40 D.H.60M Moths, a Giant Moth, some 25 Puss Moths, and 200 Tigers (from U.K.-built parts). Developed ski and float installations for DH products. Built 1,134 Mosquitoes (1942-1945) and 54 Fox Moths (postwar). Undertook design and construction of the Tiger Moth replacement, the DHC-1 Chipmunk, built in Canada, Britain, and Portugal. Further Canadian designs have concentrated on STOL capability: the DHC-2 Beaver transport, DHC-3 Otter transport, DHC-4 Caribou pistonengined freighter (company's first
twin), DHC-5 Buffalo twin-turboprop freighter (first flown 1964), DHC-6 Twin Otter twin turboprop transport (first flown 1965), DHC-7 Dash 7 quiet STOL four-engined airliner (first flown 1975), and DHC-8 Dash 8Q short-range twin-turboprop regional airliner (first flown June 1983 and remaining in major production, with latest Series 400 for up to 78 passengers first flown January 1998). Special variants of its aircraft have included maritime surveillance, navigation training and airborne over-the-horizon telemetry relay models of the Dash 8. The company became part of the Hawker Siddeley Group in 1960, but retained the name de Havilland. From 1974 owned by Canadian Government, then Boeing (as Boeing Canada) from 1986.
In 1992 Bombardier purchased 51 percent of de Havilland Canada. In January 1997, they purchased the remaining 49 percent of DHC from the Province of Ontario, as part of Bombardier Aerospace Group in 1992 and since known as de Havilland Inc.

Copyright © 2023 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
slot gacor
rtp slot