Main Menu

Robin Aviation
Centre Est Aeronautique / CEA
Avions Pierre Robin

The history of the Robin aircraft can be traced to the 1950s when Pierre Robin, then a young flying instructor, wanted to build an aircraft capable of carrying his wife and son. He found an unused Jodel D.10 glider wing lying in a hangar at a nearby airfield and built a fuselage, based on a scale-up version of the Jodel D.11, around this wing; resulting in the DR 10. After many refine-ments, the final production version an aircraft powered by a Continental C-90 and able to carry three people rolled out as the DR100. This was the beginning of a successful aircraft business.
Centre Est Aeronautique formed at Dijon October 1957 by Pierre Robin and Jean Delemontez (ex-Jodel) , at Darois Vil-lage, near Dijon, Burgundy, as a privately owned company, and began production with the DR 100 Ambassadeur, a three-seat version of the Jodel D.11, designed by Robin and first flown July 1958; built also by Societe Aeronautique Normande. The basic design was constantly refined through a number of variants.
Delivered 500th aircraft in June 1967.

Subsequent products also mainly two- to four-seat private-owner models. Name of company subsequently altered to Avions Pierre Robin (Centre Est Aeronautique); the latter part later dropped from marketing name.

Aircraft from Avions Robin include the Robin 200 two-seat lightplane and trainer (first flown 1971); DR 400 (first flown May 1972) that was offered in two-seat and 112 hp DR 400/100 Cadet form during 1980s later in 118 hp DR 400/120 Dauphin 2+2 two-plus-two seating form, 160 hp DR 400/140 B Dauphin 4 four-seat form, 160 hp DR 400/160 Major four-seat form with extra fuel capacity and increased wing area, 180 hp DR 400/180 Regent four-seat form, 180 hp 400/180 R Remo 180 four-seat form for glider towing and with reduced fuel, 200 hp DR 400/200 R Remo 200 four seat form for glider towing, and latest 200 hp DR 400/200i President four/five-seat form with larger fuselage to offer increased cabin space; Robin 2160 two-seat aerobatic lightplane (certificated 1978).

1983: Avions Pierre Robin SA, aerodrome de Dijon-Val Suzon, 21121 Fontaine-les-Dijon, France.

Robin 3000 four-seat lightplane with T-tail (first flown 1988 in 3000/160 form). Robin 1180 Aiglon had first flown in 1976 as metal four-seater.

By 1998, Mudry had been bought out by the group which owns Robin Aircraft and as a result the Barouder became available through Bul Aéro.

Since its foundation it has continuously created light aircraft, producing over 3,500 in ten different aircraft ranges, and in 2001 the company was building about 60 aircraft a year, a third of which are for export.


Copyright © 2023 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
slot gacor
rtp slot